Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh great.....

I was listening to the song I plan on walking down the isle to....and I got teary eyed. How the heck am I going to hold it together when I actually do walk down the isle? Ugh  If you're married, did you keep it together while walking towards the love of your life?


I feel like I am getting sick of my wardrobe :( But I have a plan. I am going to start and mix and match things that may not work together. Dig into that closet in the other room and see what I can find. Wish me luck! (or don't point and make fun if I look ridiculous..k, thanks!
My outfit is all random pieces.  Nothing thrifted :(
PS.  To all my Canadian Girlies....Value Village is have 50% off on February 7th.  I am counting the days!

4 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet, I've heard wedding starts with the planning process, it must be so exciting!
    I've picked wedding songs already but don't even have a boyfriend, I know loser! ha ha What song is it?

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what song is it? I want "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd to be a part of my wedding, and I have no idea why. It's not like it's a very romantic song, I just really like it.

    Good luck on your wardrobe quest! I applaud you for digging through what you already have instead of buying a bunch of new stuff. I could take a lesson!

    P.S. In response to your comment about the clothing swap dress, if you follow our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lovely-Ones/126264664099990 It lists everyone's blog URL who is involved and also updates you anytime one of us makes a post that has to do with the clothing swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got married I was good until 2 mins before I walked down the aisle. Then I was a sobbing mess. I managed to stop crying but I was in a fog. Didn't remember a word of the ceremony. A year later friends of ours got married by the same officiant and I was able to hear all the words. I looked at my husband and smiled and said "oh, that is what we said". He whispered, " I didn't hear it either".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the Weardrobe love!

    I had no problem coming up with the 'perfect' song to walk down the aisle to but in retrospect we should have had a song that was more clearly 'our' song as opposed to a song I had loved long before meeting hubby. I think in my mind, without realising, I had always had it as the perfect song to get married to...

    In answer to your Q, it was the silence of the signing of the register that got me welling up. There was just something so heightened about the moment that I could not help but being affected by the beauty and sanctity of the moment. It is not everyday that you are so acutely aware of introducing the notion of permanence into your life. And that would surely make any mortal cry!

    Milly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment. It makes my day!! :)