Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving, Skeet shooting @ Smittyland anyone!!

My dad and some family has about 177 acres of land about 3hrs away from where we live.  It's the perfect place to kick back and relax.  We got to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner which included a deep fried turkey.  I don't think I will ever enjoy a normal cooked turkey again.  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Also got to have some fun Skeet shooting.  That's when a little contraption thing throws a little clay disk in the air and you try and shoot it.  I didn't hit one :( Still fun though.  Learned a new drinking game called "Back that Bus up"  All you gotta do is guess if the card is higher or lower than the previous card.  Very good game to throw back some cold ones too :)  We also went on a little nature hike, saw a place that was recently clear cut.  It's kind of sad to see all the trees cut but we have to get our lumber somehow, right.  Check out the bones my Dad found....Gotta wonder what happened to it.  We think it was a Moose cause they were so big.  Yikes! 
How was your Thanksgiving weekend?



















2 comments:

  1. Those pies look yummy! Happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber!
    My gf made the pies, they were sooooooo yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for leaving a comment. It makes my day!! :)